Saturday, January 19, 2008

Summer Dreams


In a little over 5 months, it will be summer again. I'm not one to usually yearn for June, but today I was. Why? Could be spending the afternoon watching the Ohio State Women's hockey game at the ice rink... or because tonight the temperature is supposed to drop to nearly 0 deg. F... or the frozen Ohio summer strawberries I found in the freezer.

At any rate, when I went to make myself a drink tonight, I wanted to taste summer. So here it is: Summer Dreams

6 strawberries
1 ounce vodka
1/2 ounce orange flavored liquor
1/2 ounce blackberry syrup (homemade if possible)

Muddle strawberries in cocktail shaker. (Better alternative would be to juice and strain the berries.) Add liquors and syrup. Shake with ice, strain into cocktail glass.

1 comment:

stinkybomb said...

that looks so good...
mmmmmmmmmm